Monday, May 11, 2009

Youth Conference 2009!!!

Dryw and I both have callings in the Young Men/Young Women programs...and we both love it!!! In April we got the chance to go with the youth, as their leaders, to youth conference. Being that I was not a member when I was this age, I was so excited to go and see what they would get to do. I took Friday off work and we drove out Thursday night to a YMCA camp down in Julian...the drive was so pretty!!! We went through the cutest little towns and I loved it!!!!
When we arrived it was pretty dark but we made it in time before they stopped serving dinner (we were so hungry!!). After we ate they showed us where we were staying...I was in the girls cabin and he was in the boys cabin (for obvious reasons)...it was pretty cool because they mixed all the kids up in the cabins so that they could get to know other kids from different wards. Luckily I was in the cabin with some of the girls from my ward.
After we found our cabins we went up to the lodge with everyone and they had all the youth broken up into "families" and they performed skits...they were super funny!!! Then we turned in for the night!!! The next morning was breakfast and then the youth had a bunch of different activities to do before they got their free time, so Dryw and I followed one of the groups around and heard from some pretty cool leaders...Dryw and I even got the chance to address the youth from our ward...it was a pretty amazing experience. Then it was free time!!! So fun...they had a rick climbing wall, archery, kayaking, a game called "Ga-Ga"...so fun!! (I actually dominated both the girls and the boys in one round...so much fun!!) Kind of ironic...as soon as the free time started, it started to hail!! The pour rain...so Dryw and I decided to go do archery in the rain...we had so much fun!! We are both pretty good shots!! Here are some pics...I didnt get pictures of everything...but I got some fun ones!



Here we are on Saturday morning getting ready to leave. It was Easter weekend so we needed to get them home to spend time with their families. This is our ward...we have some pretty amazing youth!!!

This was Friday night...they were doing a dance for the "music number" at the Fireside that night...I actually learned it and joined in. It was pretty funny...we learned the dance to Hannah Montana's Hoe Down...funny!!! Im in there somewhere...lol

here is Dryw getting ready to release the arrow...he looks so pro!!! He did a great job!!


Here I am...not as pro, but it was still fun! It was so cold I had to wear my old snowboarding jacket!!! But it kept me warm and dry!!

Here I am (in the green) with a few of my girls playing a big game with all of the youth...we never did learn the object of the game, but we were saved when it started to hail...so we went and did other things.
We had a great time...I think the funniest part was when one of my girls and I went to get water in the cafeteria Friday night and some boys from one of the other wards was in there and hit on me before they realized I was a leader...They didnt believe me at first but then Dryw approached them the next morning and said, "So I hear you were hitting on my wife last night..." It was funny and my girls think that was the best part of the whole trip. (they love Dryw...) So much fun! :)




No comments: