Friday, July 23, 2010

Slingshot....Engage!!!!

Last Summer Dryw, my little brother, my Mom, and I all bought passes to Knott's Berry Farm and Knott's Soak City. They were having a sale where you could buy a year pass to both parks for $99. The very first week of having the passes we had already used out money's worth...we were there just about every day.

We have had a ton of fun with our passes and it makes for lots of fun, easy, and cheap date nights. During the winter Dryw and I would catch the last hour of Knotts and ride almost every major roller coaster there. They have a new ride called The Excelerator. It is so much fun!!! It takes off super fast and goes straight up and around and straight down...it is gnarly!!!! One morning Dryw, my little bro, and I rode it about 5 times in a row. We switched seats every time and came to the conclusion that the very back seats are the best.

Right when it takes off and gets to the top and drops down, if you are sitting in the back row it feels like a slingshot and the weight of the front of the roller coaster snaps the back end down. It is so much fun...you have to try it for yourself!!!!!

Last week our passes expired so Dryw and I decided to go for the last hour the park was open and get one last slingshot in. We waited in line for about 15-20 mins (so good for how long the line can be) and engaged in our final slingshot of the year.

Just before we got on The Excelerator. We also we able to get on Supreme Scream...another one of my favorites, especially at night!!!!
We decided that we had to get a funnel cake...especially with the famous Knott's Strawberries on it. It was so good!!! So rich...I decided that even though the Strawberries are so yummy, I favor the plain funnel cake with powdered sugar

It just looked so good!!!!!

Not sure what is going on here...lol


It was dark and I was far which is why the picture didn't turn out very well...but I wanted to have something to document our night at Knott's. (If you look closely you can see The Excelerator...crazy looking right???)



1 comment:

jillian said...

oh i miss those funnel cakes. they are the BEST at knotts!