Friday, July 23, 2010

So much stuff...so little time...

So we have been up to a lot sine my last post...Here is what has been going on in the busy life of the Waites:

1) It is Official!!! Dryw signed his hire letter with LA County Fire Department and will enter the academy on September 3rd and graduate January 12th!!!! We are so excited...and so very lucky!! We have been blessed with this amazing opportunity and it hardly seems real!!! :)

2) My sister had baby number 2, our niece Ansley Marie Jackman!! She is adorable!!!! The pregnancy process still blowes me away!!!

3) My twinner and her husband, Amber and Justin, moved to Nevada because Justin was accepted into a masters program there. I was so sad and so excited for them at the same time. Dryw and I helped them move and we stayed with them in their cute little place and we managed to get them all set up before we left on Sunday--almost all of the boxes were unpacked and we even had things hung on the walls!! It was amazing. I didnt want to leave because I was going to miss my adorable little niece and nephew, but mostly because I was going to miss my best friend--my sister!!! I cried almost the entire way home. Every time I stopped something would remind me of her or Jasper and Ansley and I would tear up again. I am better now, but it sucks that I cant just hop in the car and drive 15 mins to be with them...but I guess that's life right?

4) Girls Camp!!! I was able to be a leader at girls camp this year and it was so much fun!!! We had some crazy days and nights and I cant believe what amazing young women we have!!! I was lucky enough to be one of the leaders over the camp council and it was amazing watching them interact with the other girls and watch them grow. Our Stake has some beautiful young women, inside and out!!!

5) 4th of July!!!! Amber and Justin came back to bless Ansley on the 4th so it was fun to be with the family and enjoy such a wonderful blessing and celebrate an amazing holiday!! We kept it pretty low key this year because it was on a Sunday, but we were able to spend it with friends and family and it made for an amazing time.

(I am going to post pictures in separate posts so you don't get overloaded with all of the craziness!)

6) Presently: Dryw's last day at Fed-Ex is next Friday (Yay!) so we are going to be able to spend a little bit of time together before he goes into the academy. I will still be working full time, but at least I will be able to see him when I get home from work!

That's about all I have for now!!! More to come later...

1 comment:

Michael & Shawna Trimmell said...

Aww...I'm with you on being sad about Amber moving...but happy for them as well.