Thursday, September 10, 2009

Has It Been One Year Already????

I can't believe that we have been married for 1 year already....time went by so fast!!! I have come to realize that even though we can be a pain in each other's necks, that I am very privaleged to be married to someone that I know loves me! It is questionable sometimes...and im sure he thinks that same about me...but all in all we have had a very wonderful first year of marriage. It has come with its fair share of struggles in all categories, and I am not going to tell you some made up story just to make us look good...but it truly has been a privalege and a joy to have a temple marriage and to be married to a worthy priesthood holder. We have both been blessed because of our struggles and we have a very strong bond that I know not many people have.


To celebrate our first year of marriage Dryw decided to plan everything himself and from now on he is going to plan all of the odd years and I get to plan the even!! I loved that he put a lot of thought into the celebration.


His Aunt has a Condo in Oceanside, and I have never been, so Saturday morning he called me from work and finally decided to tell me what we were going to do so I could pack. The very first thing we did is we went straight to the San Diego Temple. We had both been there before, but the only time I was there I was only able to sit in the waiting area...so this time we were both very excited to attend a session...it was very special. We both agreed on how beautiful the temple was and how it would have been our second choice to get married in if LA hadn't worked out.








After the session we went to dinner at the California Pizza kitchen...we were both very hungry and the food was awesome. We ate a ton, whch was good because Sunday was Fast Sunday!! We slept in on Sunday morning and went to the local church bulding for Sacrament at 11. There were a ton of people there...and we saw so many cute kids!!!!! After church we went back to the Condo and watched movies and took a nap. We did a lot of sleeping...and it was nice because we dont get to do a lot of that now!! Sunday was our actual anniversary so I made dinner and we ate it outside on a picnic bench. The weather was so nice!!! After dinner we rode our beach cruisers down to the beach to catch the sunset and walk on the peer.



Here is the sunset...people were still in the water cause it was so warm!!!


And here we are...beach weather and my hair dont really mix well...but Dryw looked good!! lol...

Monday was Labor Day (I think we chose the right weekend to get married because we will always have 3 days to celebrate it!). We got up early and went to breakfast. We were given free tickets to the San Diego Zoo and had planned on going, but we wanted to go to the beach for a little while. So after breakfast we went back to the condo and rode our bikes back down to the beach so we didnt have to find parking. We were there for a little while...Dryw taught me how to correctly body surf--it was a lot of fun!!! We laid out for a while and played soccer on the beach and decided we needed to head back so we could get to the zoo. When we got to the condo we were so hot from riding the bikes that we jumped into the pool and ended up hanging out there for a while. We decided that we didnt want to go to the zoo and fight massive crowds and be rushed for time...so we cleaned up and went to In 'N' Out for lunch and headed over to the Carlsbad outlets. After the outlets we decided we should go back and clean up so we could head out of town before traffic got bad. After packing up the truck Dryw asked if I wanted to get sushi for dinner...he has found this all you can eat place for $21.99 each and thought I would enjoy it. I LOVE sushi...but poor Dryw only likes the crunch rolls. He said he really wanted to do it so I agreed and we went for Sushi!!! It was amazing!!!! The fish was so fresh and the place was so nice!!!! We ate a ton of food. Dryw even tried some of the rolls I get...he didnt like any of them, but he made sure to eat his fair share of the Crunch rolls!!!! We wanted to make sure we got our moneys worth out of the food...and I think we did!!!


Here we are standing in front of the condo as we were getting ready to leave



Me and my portion of the sushi....




Dryw getting ready to chow down...he looks scared, but he loved it!!!


We ate so much food!!! We were so stuffed...poor Dryw had to eat a lot of my rice so I could eat the fish because if you didnt finish everything they would charge you full price!! he was hurting the whole ride home!!! lol...

It was a very special first anniversary. We relaxed together and we didnt have to spend a lot of money to know how much we love each other. Plus saving for a house doesnt exaclty give much spending room!!! We had a ton of fun...thank you Honey!!!!!







4 comments:

jillian said...

wow you guys have been busy. looks like a fun summer.

Mindi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you guys had fun! :)

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary.. looks like you had fun.

Chelsey and Mike said...

Mike and I went to the condo for our honeymoon, but unfortunately didn't get the time to go down to the beach! :(

The condo is a ton of fun and it's pretty relaxing. Good choice, Dryw!